Pallium Canada’s COVID-19 Response Resources
To contribute toward health care professional preparedness during this pandemic, Pallium has made a series of palliative care online modules and webinars available to health care professionals across the country.
Trauma Informed Palliative Care
Friday July 10, 2020 @ 11 am ET
Details coming soon
End-of-Life Care in the ED for Patients Imminently Dying of a Transmissible Acute Respiratory Infection (such as COVID-19)
Wednesday April 8, 2020 @ 8 pm ET
Reorganizing Palliative Care Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Friday April 17, 2020 @ 12 pm ET
Palliative Approach to Care in the Coronavirus Pandemic
Friday April 17, 2020 @ 5 pm ET
Role of Grief and Bereavement in the Care of Health Care Providers and their Families during COVID-19
Wednesday April 22, 2020 @ 1 pm ET
Palliative Approach to Care in Long-Term Care during COVID-19
Monday April 27, 2020 @ 5:00 pm ET
Providing Virtual Palliative Care
Friday May 8, 2020 @ 4 pm ET
The Psychological Impact of COVID on Health Care Professionals
Friday May 29, 2020 @ 11 am ET
The State of Palliative Care in Hospitals: Insights from the COVID Pandemic
Friday June 5, 2020 @ 4 pm ET
Free online modules
Pallium, in collaboration with the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), is providing free access to essential education on palliative care for all health care professionals in response to this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. This offer expires August 31, 2020.
Available modules (currently only available in English):
- Taking Ownership
- Advance Care Planning
- Managing Dyspnea
- Palliative Sedation
- Last Days and Hours
- Delirium (*NEW)
- Pain Management (*NEW)
- Palliative Care for COVID Illness – Module A (*NEW)
- Palliative Care for COVID Illness – Module B (
Additional resources for health care providers, teams, and workplaces
A practical, peer-reviewed, and fully referenced one-stop resource that is intended to support safe, ethical, effective, and accountable palliative clinical service. The Pocketbook is a practical, interprofessional just-in-time clinical resource that can be referenced in a health care professional’s daily practice. Purchase the hard copy or e-book now.
If you are looking for more information beyond the 10 palliative care modules above, consider registering for LEAP Online, a facilitated online learning program that consists of self-directed, interactive modules and facilitated webinars. LEAP Online provides an in-depth learning experience on essential skills and competencies of the palliative care approach. Register for LEAP Online now.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our partners have responded by compiling a series of tools and resources for health care teams across Canada.
- Canadian Society of Palliative Care Physicians – CSPCP has a recorded webinar about providing palliative care in the time of COVID-19.
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – CVH has compiled a list of tools and resources that is continuously updated and includes information related to symptom management, communication, free online learning, and more.
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada – CFPC has centralized its resources and information for family physicians and patients on COVID, including webinars, podcasts, and blogs.
- McMaster University, Division of Palliative Care – The Division of Palliative Care has compiled a list of COVID-19 resources for health care professionals including podcasts, protocols, and guidelines.
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – To support health care professionals who are providing high quality patient care during the pandemic, the Royal College has compiled evidence-based information and resources about COVID-19.