Become a Facilitator
Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP™) courses are taught by a dedicated group of palliative care clinicians and educators from across Canada. From major cities to rural towns, Pallium’s certified facilitators bring their experience, knowledge, and passion to deliver LEAP™ training and advocate for better palliative care in their communities.
Benefits of Becoming a LEAP™ Facilitator
- Build the capacity of your peers to transform the way we care for Canadians facing life-limiting illnesses
- Learn essential facilitation skills and techniques to encourage active participation
- Strong networking opportunities with leaders in palliative care
- Publication opportunities
- Great addition to your academic curriculum vitae
- Competitive honorarium
It is the passion and dedication of LEAP™ facilitators across Canada to the palliative care approach that is transforming the way we care for Canadians facing life-limiting illness, and their families.
How to Become a Facilitator
Qualifications – Palliative care experts including doctors, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and other health care professionals.
Experience – Must have experience as an educator and a minimum of two years of cumulative experience working in palliative care.
Process – If you meet the above qualifications, experience, and prerequisites:
1. Submit a LEAP™ facilitator application (fill out the form below and we’ll contact you with more information).
2. Complete online pre-course activities
3. Attend a one-day, face-to-face facilitator training
4. Successfully co-facilitate a minimum of 1 LEAP™ course with a LEAP™ coach
If you would like more information about the requirements or process of becoming a LEAP™ facilitator, please fill out the form below, and we’ll be in contact with you.
Contact Us to Become a Facilitator
Click to Chat
Connect one-on-one, in real-time, through live chat with a Pallium representative. Available Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM ET.