Become a Facilitator
Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) courses are taught by a dedicated group of palliative care clinicians and educators from across Canada. From major cities to rural towns, Pallium’s certified facilitators bring their experience, knowledge, and passion to deliver LEAP training and advocate for better palliative care in their communities.
Benefits of Becoming a LEAP Facilitator
- Build the capacity of your peers to transform the way we care for Canadians facing life-limiting illnesses
- Learn essential facilitation skills and techniques to encourage active participation
- Strong networking opportunities with leaders in palliative care
- Publication opportunities
- Great addition to your academic curriculum vitae
- Competitive honorarium
It is the passion and dedication of LEAP facilitators across Canada to the palliative care approach that is transforming the way we care for Canadians facing life-limiting illness, and their families.
How to Become a Facilitator
Qualifications – Palliative care experts including doctors, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and other health care professionals.
Experience – Must have experience as an educator and a minimum of two years of cumulative experience working in palliative care.
Process – If you meet the above qualifications, experience, and prerequisites:
1. Submit a LEAP facilitator application (fill out the form below and we’ll contact you with more information).
2. Complete online pre-course activities
3. Attend a one-day, face-to-face facilitator training
4. Successfully co-facilitate a minimum of 1 LEAP course with a LEAP coach
If you would like more information about the requirements or process of becoming a LEAP facilitator, please fill out the form below, and we’ll be in contact with you.
Contact Us to Become a Facilitator
Click to Chat
Connect one-on-one, in real-time, through live chat with a Pallium representative. Available Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM ET.