Taking Ownership: Online Module
Free interactive module for health care professionals.
Taking Ownership provides an introductory overview of the palliative care approach and how health care professionals from different disciplines can make primary-level palliative care a part of their daily work.This free module will give you a sense of the rich content and engaging nature of Pallium’s Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) courseware.
If you are interested in furthering your learning about the palliative care approach to better care for patients with life-limiting illnesses, please visit Our Courses to learn more about Pallium Canada’s interprofessional and accredited LEAP courseware.
By the time you complete this module, you should be able to:
- Define “palliative care approach” and understand what “palliative care” refers to
- Identify patients who could benefit from a palliative care approach earlier in the illness
- Activate a palliative care approach earlier in the illness trajectory
- Expand your role in providing a palliative care approach in your setting
- “Palliative”: Overcoming the Stigma
- Illness Trajectories
- Identifying Patients Earlier
- The Palliative Care Approach
- The Language We Use
- Palliative Performance Scale (PPS)
- Gold Standards Framework
Access the Taking Ownership module by completing the form below. This module will take you approximately 40 minutes to complete.