Compassionate Communities Evaluation Toolkit
Currently in development, the Evaluation Toolkit will help Compassionate Communities measure the impact of their initiatives, share learning and results, and engage in discussions to help translate knowledge into action.
About the Project
The BC Centre for Palliative Care, Hospice Palliative Care Ontario, and Pallium Canada have partnered to create a user-friendly Evaluation Toolkit for Compassionate Community initiatives across Canada. The Evaluation Toolkit will help Compassionate Community initiatives evaluate the effectiveness of their efforts and determine the potential for scale and spread of their work.
To support Compassionate Community initiatives in Canada to adopt a common approach to measure their work with a focus on implementation aids, barriers, and potential for scale up and spread.
- Evaluation framework for Compassionate Community initiatives.
- A user-friendly online Evaluation Toolkit.
- Pan-Canadian agreement on definition for Compassionate Communities in Canada
- Evaluation framework developed
- Evaluation Toolkit developed, disseminated and available for use
- October 2020
- October 2021
- October 2022
Work Completed to Date
- Established a common definition for Compassionate Communities in Canada based on feedback and input from stakeholders. Read the definition now.
- Webinar hosted with stakeholders to present the details of the Pan-Canadian Compassionate Community Evaluation Project and a share a draft version of the evaluation framework for feedback. Watch the webinar now.
- Established a Canadian Compassionate Communities Stages of Development document that outlines 8 stages of development for Compassionate Communities initiatives in Canada.
If you would like to be kept informed on the work of the Pan-Canadian Compassionate Community Evaluation Project and when the Evaluation Toolkit launches, please submit the form below.
Stay connected to the Evaluation Toolkit
Submit the form below.