Education Evaluation Research Grant
A new research grant focused on supporting the evaluation of palliative care education programs across Canada.
About the Grant
The Education Evaluation Research Grant is a vital part of Pallium’s mission to enhance palliative care through research and education. The Grant will support the development of fresh evidence related to palliative care educational programs in Canada and their impact on clinical practice, patient experience and the performance of health systems.
This initiative seeks to:
- Evaluate palliative care education offerings in additional provinces or territories — other than Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec — as part of the Canadian Atlas of Palliative Care. (Priority area)
Consideration will also be given to:
- Evaluations of the impact of primary palliative care course offerings (Pallium’s Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) courses or the national Palliative Care ECHO Project) in any care setting utilizing Pallium’s Education Evaluation Research Framework.
One (1) grant of $15,000 over 18 months will be awarded to a project that excels in evaluating palliative care education offerings.
- Call for applications opens: June 12, 2023
- Final date for submission: September 29, 2023
- Award notification: December 2023
- Research proposals must align with the goals of the Education Evaluation Research Grant program as described above.
- Applicants must hold an academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or an affiliated institution, such as a hospital or research institute. The institution must be eligible to administer funds from Canada’s research granting councils.
- Applications must be completed with respect to the submission requirements outlined in the application instructions.
- Applicants can be early career, mid-career, or senior career-level researchers or research teams that are engaged in education evaluation research.
- Selection will be based on the scientific merit, clarity of the proposal and its relevance to the goals of the Education Evaluation Research Grant program.
- Download and complete the application form: Application Form
- Prepare your application package:
- Applicant(s) CV(s)
- Potential letters of support
- Complete the form below. Please ensure all required fields are completed.
- Submit your application. After completing the above steps, submit your application.
Apply for Pallium's Education Evaluation Research Grant
Submit the form below