Palliative care course for health care professionals who care for patients with advanced liver diseases.
LEAP Liver is an interprofessional course that provides health care professionals with the skills and competencies of the palliative care approach, with course modules and case studies contextualized to the liver care setting.
Who is it for?
LEAP Liver is ideal for any health care professional (e.g. physician, nurse, pharmacist, social worker, etc.) who provide care to patients with advanced liver diseases, such as liver failure and cirrhosis.
- Interprofessional approach.
- Built by Canadian palliative care experts.
- Participants will receive a LEAP certificate of completion and an electronic copy of the Pallium Palliative Pocketbook.
LEAP Liver will be submitted for accreditation to the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Topics Covered Include
- Being Aware
- Taking Ownership
- Decision Making and Transitions
- Advanced Care Planning
- Decompensated Liver Disease
- Pain and Symptoms
- Psychosocial and Spiritual Care
- Last Days and Hours
- Quality Improvement