Online, self-learning course for carers.
LEAP Carers is an online, self-learning course that provides carers with information and resources to help them provide care to their family or friends living with a serious illness.
Who is it for?
LEAP Carers is ideal for anyone who provides care to a person with a serious illness or for anyone who wants to support a carer.
- 5 online, self-learning modules
- Built by Canadian hospice, palliative care, and caregiver experts.
- Participants will receive a LEAP certificate of completion.
Topics Covered Include
- The Role of Carers
- What is Hospice and Palliative Care and the Palliative Care Approach
- Communication Skills
- Advance Care Planning
- Lifts and Transfers
- Providing Personal Care
- Sterile and Clean Environments
- Do Not Resuscitate (DNR)
- Self-Care and Self-Compassion
- What to Expect at End of Life
- Medication Management