Palliative care course for health care professionals who provide paediatrics care.
LEAP Paediatric is an interprofessional blended learning course that provides health care professionals with the skills and competencies of the palliative care approach contextualized to the paediatric care setting.
Who is it for?
LEAP Paediatric is ideal for any health care professional (e.g. physician, nurse, pharmacist, social worker, etc.) who provide paediatrics care. It may also be of interest to palliative care professionals seeking more information on working with the paediatric population.
- Online learning combined with 8 hours of face-to-face learning with group discussion.
- Interprofessional approach.
- Built by Canadian palliative care experts.
- Participants will receive a LEAP certificate of completion and an electronic copy of the Pallium Palliative Pocketbook.
LEAP Paediatric will be submitted for accreditation to the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Topics Covered Include
- Taking Ownership
- Pain Assessment
- Pain Treatment
- Fluids and Feeding
- Respiratory Symptoms
- Neurological Symptoms
- Supporting Children with Illness, Grief, and Loss
- Supporting Carers with Illness, Grief, and Loss
- Resources and Locations of Care
- Discussing Goals of Care
- Paediatric End-of-Life