Learning opportunity for health care professionals who want to expand their learning about the palliative care approach.
LEAP In-Depth is a unique opportunity for health care professionals to continue learning about the palliative care approach and take a deeper dive into palliative care. This continuous learning opportunity is for any health care professional who already has a foundation in the palliative care approach.
The course provides enhanced, case-based learning on the management of complex palliative care symptoms across different disease conditions and settings of care.
LEAP In-Depth can be delivered online or in-person.
Who is it for?
LEAP In-Depth is ideal for any health care professional (e.g. physician, nurse, pharmacist, social worker, etc.) who has already taken foundational training in the palliative care approach and is looking to deepen and expand their knowledge in palliative care.
Participants must have completed a Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) course (or equivalent) prior to registering for LEAP In-Depth.
- LEAP In-Depth can be delivered online or in-person.
- Learners will build on their skills from LEAP and expand their knowledge and comfort in managing more complex palliative care cases.
- Built by Canadian palliative care experts.
- LEAP In-Depth online
- LEAP In-Depth has been developed for online delivery in partnership with the Department of Family Medicine at McMaster University.
- Six 4-hour facilitated webinars, 24 hours in total.
- Learners receive a LEAP certificate of completion after each webinar.
- LEAP In-Depth in-person
- Two days, 16 hours in total.
- Learners receive a LEAP certificate of completion.
LEAP In-Depth is a 2-credit-per-hour Group Learning program that has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 44 Mainpro+ credits.
Topics Covered Include
- Recap of the palliative care approach
- Unique situations
- Transitions in long-term care
- In-depth conversations
- Advanced liver diseases
- Advanced heart diseases
- Advanced neurological diseases
- Advanced kidney diseases