Palliative care course for health care professionals who work in home care.
LEAP Home Care is an interprofessional, facilitated online learning program that focuses on the essential competencies to provide a palliative care approach, with case studies and webinars contextualized to a home care setting.
Who is it for?
LEAP Home Care is ideal for any health care professional (e.g., physicians, nurses, pharmacists,
social workers, home care nurses, etc.) as well as personal support workers or care aides working in a home care context.
- Interprofessional approach.
- Built by Canadian palliative care experts.
- Participants will receive a LEAP certificate of completion and an electronic copy of the Pallium Palliative Pocketbook.
LEAP Home Care will be submitted for accreditation to the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Topics Covered Include
- Being Aware
- Advance Care Panning and Decision Making
- Pain Management
- Essential Conversations
- Psychosocial and Spiritual Distress
- Last Days and Hours