Palliative care course for health care professionals who care for patients with advanced heart diseases.
LEAP™ Heart is an interprofessional course that provides health care professionals with the skills and competencies of the palliative care approach, with course modules and case studies contextualized to cardiology teams working in outpatient clinics, hospitals, and coronary care units.
Who is it for?
LEAP™ Heart is ideal for any health care professional (e.g., physician, nurse, pharmacist, social worker) who provide care to patients with advanced heart diseases.
- Interprofessional approach
- Built by Canadian palliative care experts
- Learners receive a LEAP™ certificate of completion and an electronic copy of the best-selling resource, the Pallium Palliative Pocketbook.
- Online features:
- 17 interactive, self-learning online modules completed at your own pace (approximately 8 hours of work).
- 6 hours of online webinars led by LEAP™ facilitators where learners will work through cases and discuss learnings from online modules.
- Hybrid features:
- 6 hours of in-person, face-to-face learning led by LEAP™ facilitators where learners will work through cases and discuss learnings from online modules.
This 2 credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 29.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Continuing Professional Development. You may claim a maximum of 14.5 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Topics covered include
- Being Aware
- Identification and Assessment of Patients
- Symptom Management
- Collaboration, Transitions and Decision Making
- Essential Conversations
- Psychosocial Care
- Advance Care Planning
- Last Hours
- Quality Improvement