Palliative care course for health care professionals who care for patients with advanced heart diseases.
LEAP Heart is an interprofessional course that provides health care professionals with the skills and competencies of the palliative care approach, with course modules and case studies contextualized to cardiology teams working in outpatient clinics, hospitals, and coronary care units.
Who is it for?
LEAP Heart is ideal for any health care professional (e.g. physician, nurse, pharmacist, social worker, etc.) who provide care to patients with advanced heart diseases.
- Interprofessional approach.
- Built by Canadian palliative care experts.
- Participants will receive a LEAP certificate of completion and an electronic copy of the Pallium Palliative Pocketbook.
LEAP Heart will be submitted for accreditation to the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Topics Covered Include
- Being Aware
- Identification and Assessment of Patients
- Symptom Management
- Collaboration, Transitions, and Decision Making
- Essential Conversations
- Psychosocial Care
- Advance Care Planning
- Last Hours
- Quality Improvement